The format of the compulsory cover letter forms part of your submission. It is located on the first page of your manuscript and should always be presented in English. You should provide the following elements:
- Full title: Specific, descriptive, concise, and comprehensible to readers outside the field, max 95 characters (including spaces).
- Full author details: The title(s), full name(s), position(s), affiliation(s) and contact details (postal address, email, telephone, highest academic degree, Open Researcher and Contributor Identification (ORCID) and cell phone number) of each author.
- Corresponding author: Identify to whom all correspondence should be addressed.
- Authors’ contributions: Briefly summarise the nature of the contribution made by each of the authors listed.
- Disclaimer: A statement that the views expressed in the submitted article are his or her own and not an official position of the institution or funder.
- Source(s) of support: These include grants, equipment, drugs, and/or other support that facilitated conduct of the work described in the article or the writing of the article itself.
- Summary: Lastly, a list containing the number of words, pages, tables, figures and/or other supplementary material should accompany the submission.
Anyone that has made a significant contribution to the research and the paper must be listed as an author in your cover letter. Contributions that fall short of meeting the criteria as stipulated in our policy should rather be mentioned in the ‘Acknowledgements’ section of the manuscript.